Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry rose $0.27 (2.7%) to $10.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 31,135,675 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 25,522,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.47-$10.68 after having opened the day at $10.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.03. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), up 65.7%, On Track Innovations ( OTIV), up 25.5%, Glowpoint ( GLOW), up 13.2% and Inteliquent ( IQNT), up 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.