Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.25 (1.2%) to $21.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,283,140 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,970,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.30-$21.81 after having opened the day at $21.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.40. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Credit Suisse ( UOIL), up 14.3%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 11.8%, Guaranty Federal ( GFED), up 7.5% and Institutional Financial Markets ( IFMI), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.