Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gilead ( GILD) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Gilead rose $1.70 (2.9%) to $60.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,224,319 shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,281,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.50-$61.04 after having opened the day at $58.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.74. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Astex Pharmaceuticals ( ASTX), up 24.4%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 17.6%, Idera Pharmaceuticals ( IDRA), up 13.1% and XOMA ( XOMA), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.