Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Hewlett-Packard rose $0.62 (2.8%) to $22.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 18,281,357 shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,281,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.02-$22.65 after having opened the day at $22.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.99. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Hutchinson Technology ( HTCH), up 5.7%, Hauppauge Digital ( HAUP), up 5.3%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 3.5% and Performance Technologies ( PTIX), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.