Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $2.17 (1.3%) to $169.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 476,490 shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 805,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $167.08-$170.40 after having opened the day at $167.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $167.20. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 17.3%, Ceres ( CERE), up 11.1%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 10.7% and Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.