Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $3.00 (2.5%) to $121.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,573,324 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,324,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $119.46-$122.36 after having opened the day at $119.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $118.81. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Quaterra Resources ( QMM), up 20.7%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 17.3%, Ceres ( CERE), up 11.1% and Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.