RUTLAND, Vt., Aug. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:CWST), a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company, today reported financial results for its first quarter fiscal year 2014, and revised its guidance for its fiscal year 2014. Highlights for the quarter included:
- Revenue growth of 9.3 percent over the same quarter last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA* was $28.7 million for the quarter, up $4.4 million from the same quarter last year.
- Adjusted Operating Income* was $9.9 million for the quarter, up $3.5 million from the same quarter last year.
- Income from continuing operations before income taxes and discontinued operations was $0.2 million for the quarter.
- Revenue and Adjusted EBITDA guidance revised upward for fiscal year 2014.