- Enhancing communities through water-saving technologies and practices in agriculture
- Involving children or adults in educational programs promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Educating communities on the value of water efficient technologies that increase crop production
- Helping growers implement sustainable agriculture practices or integrate modern technology
- Keeping the agricultural economy healthy and sustainable for the long-term
Agricultural communities play a vital role in feeding the global population. For Toro, we are committed to supporting growers and organizations in their effort to apply more efficient and sustainable agricultural practices. Now, we are asking for your help in recognizing those that promote sustainable practices in agricultural communities across America with our all-new ‘Ready. Set. GROW!’ grant initiative, in which we will be awarding $15,000 to non-profit organizations to help further their efforts. You might recognize an organization installing drip irrigation in a community garden to more efficiently use water resources; a local non-profit committed to furthering sustainable agricultural practices; or, an organization training military veterans in modern agriculture technologies. For more details, visit https://www.facebook.com/Toro.Company/app_112813808737465. Toro is asking the public to nominate non-profit organizations – 501(c)(3) or government entities like university extensions or conservation divisions, agriculture employment programs, and public educational entities – that are doing great work to improve agricultural communities across the country by meeting one or more of the following criteria...