Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Emerson Electric ( EMR) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Emerson Electric fell $1.17 (-1.9%) to $60.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,875,434 shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,186,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.50-$61.19 after having opened the day at $61.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.75. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), down 31.2%, B Communications ( BCOM), down 17.4%, Internet Gold Golden Lines ( IGLD), down 15.4% and Deltathree ( DDDC), down 14.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.