Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goldcorp ( GG) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.0%. By the end of trading, Goldcorp fell $1.35 (-4.3%) to $29.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,072,695 shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,940,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.89-$32.15 after having opened the day at $31.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.26. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), down 15.0%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 13.5%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 11.7% and Uranerz Energy Corporation ( URZ), down 11.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.