Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.0%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway fell $2.40 (-2.1%) to $111.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,608,832 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,609,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $111.21-$113.47 after having opened the day at $113.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $113.85. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), down 7.5%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), down 7.0%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), down 5.7% and ING Groep N.V ( ING), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.