Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $0.86 (-1.0%) to $82.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,993,522 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,009,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.48-$83.54 after having opened the day at $82.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.56. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Astrotech Corporation ( ASTC), down 13.9%, Wowjoint Holdings ( BWOW), down 11.6%, Energy Recovery ( ERII), down 8.4% and ZBB Energy Corporation ( ZBB), down 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.