Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.70 (-2.3%) to $71.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,678,678 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,204,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $71.76-$72.93 after having opened the day at $72.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.61. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Dominion Resources Black Warrior ( DOM), down 9.9%, National Bank of Greece ( NBG), down 9.5%, Carrollton Bancorp ( CRRB), down 9.1% and Colony Bankcorp ( CBAN), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.