Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation fell $4.36 (-3.3%) to $128.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,197,617 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,043,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $127.59-$132.47 after having opened the day at $131.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $133.10. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), down 8.3%, Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 6.7%, Leapfrog ( LF), down 6.7% and VeriFone Systems ( PAY), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.