Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, Citigroup fell $1.36 (-2.7%) to $48.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 29,715,084 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 28,168,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.16-$49.34 after having opened the day at $48.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.60. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: National Bank of Greece ( NBG), down 9.5%, Carrollton Bancorp ( CRRB), down 9.1%, Colony Bankcorp ( CBAN), down 9.1% and Credit Suisse ( DWTI), down 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.