Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy rose $0.41 (1.2%) to $34.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,376,764 shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,152,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.16-$34.99 after having opened the day at $34.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.06. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), up 17.8%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 11.8%, Pyramid Oil Company ( PDO), up 8.1% and FieldPoint Petroleum Corporation ( FPP), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.