Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Yandex (Nasdaq: YNDX) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 22.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- YNDX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.26, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YANDEX NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YANDEX NV is currently very high, coming in at 76.61%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.88% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $116.97 million or 41.97% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.98%.