Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX) (TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced its SX1036 36-port 40GbE switch system has been selected by Russia’s BaltInfoCom as the Ethernet switch of choice to provide customers with 10GbE connectivity to servers and 40/56GbE uplinks for the next level of aggregation switching. The Mellanox SX1036, based on Mellanox’s SwitchX®-2 switch IC, will provide BaltInfoCom’s customers the highest-performing fabric by delivering up to 4.03Tb/s of throughput and 220ns latency – a 3X bandwidth improvement and 4X latency improvement over BaltInfoCom’s previous offerings. “We consistently strive to offer our customers the most advanced and capable technology available in the marketplace,” said Dr. Dmitry Gorin, CEO of BaltInfoCom. “Through extensive testing, we determined that Mellanox’s SwitchX-2 offers the most powerful Ethernet switching for data center applications.” As part of its solution, BaltInfoCom sought an Ethernet switch to deliver high performance and port density, while reducing operational costs and infrastructure complexity for its customers. BaltInfoCom completed extensive testing of current solutions on the market and selected Mellanox SwitchX-2 based upon its:
- Integrated Virtual Protocol Interconnect® (VPI) technology – allowing InfiniBand and Ethernet traffic to exist on a single 'one-wire' fabric for maximum usability in various scenarios.
- The MLNX-OS integrated switch management solution – ensuring the highest fabric performance with rich chassis management.
- Learn more about the SX1036
- Learn more about Mellanox’s complete SwitchX-2 solution
- Learn more about Mellanox’s complete 40/56GbE solution
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linked-In, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community