Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Royal Gold ( RGLD) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Royal Gold as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RGLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.6 million.
- RGLD is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RGLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RGLD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RGLD: Royal Gold, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition and management of precious metals royalties, precious metals streams, and similar interests. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. RGLD has a PE ratio of 56.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Royal Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Royal Gold has been 948,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 6.1% with 3.45 days to cover. Shares are down 24.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Gold as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RGLD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 20.79, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $40.12 million or 2.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -33.49%.
- The gross profit margin for ROYAL GOLD INC is currently very high, coming in at 96.66%. Regardless of RGLD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RGLD's net profit margin of 18.67% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 48.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $20.57 million to $10.70 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 25.93%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 52.94% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, RGLD is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full Royal Gold Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.