Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NextEra Energy ( NEE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, NextEra Energy fell $0.85 (-1.0%) to $80.56 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,141,935 shares of NextEra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,956,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.53-$81.44 after having opened the day at $81.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.41. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: China Hydroelectric Corporation ( CHC), down 6.2%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), down 4.2%, American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 3.9% and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.