Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial fell $0.86 (-1.1%) to $77.84 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,252,657 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,642,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $77.71-$78.83 after having opened the day at $78.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.70. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Kingstone Companies ( KINS), down 4.7%, Unico American Corporation ( UNAM), down 3.0%, Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), down 2.8% and Atlas Financial Holdings ( AFH), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.