Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries fell $1.97 (-1.2%) to $160.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 429,248 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 669,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $159.76-$162.85 after having opened the day at $162.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $162.24. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), down 5.2%, Penford Corporation ( PENX), down 3.8%, Metabolix ( MBLX), down 3.5% and BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.