Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HollyFrontier ( HFC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, HollyFrontier fell $0.57 (-1.2%) to $45.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,255,159 shares of HollyFrontier exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,943,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.19-$46.21 after having opened the day at $46.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.97. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 20.0%, Tengasco ( TGC), down 12.7%, Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), down 12.7% and Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full HollyFrontier Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.