Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ciena Corporation ( CIEN) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Ciena Corporation rose $0.24 (1.1%) to $21.17 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,665,912 shares of Ciena Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,642,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.91-$21.57 after having opened the day at $21.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.93. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), up 18.8%, Hong Kong Television Network ( HKTV), up 6.5%, Mitel Networks Corporation ( MITL), up 5.2% and Lumos Networks ( LMOS), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ciena Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.