Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Avago Technologies ( AVGO) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Avago Technologies rose $0.74 (2.0%) to $37.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,376,300 shares of Avago Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,303,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.85-$37.72 after having opened the day at $36.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.74. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Cimatron ( CIMT), up 19.0%, Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), up 18.8%, LRAD ( LRAD), up 12.9% and Remark Media ( MARK), up 10.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Avago Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.