Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Staples rose $0.17 (1.2%) to $14.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,781,898 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,429,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.15-$14.46 after having opened the day at $14.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.20. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), up 9.2%, Mecox Lane ( MCOX), up 8.5%, Dover Saddlery ( DOVR), up 7.7% and Zale Corporation ( ZLC), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.