Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HCA Holdings ( HCA) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, HCA Holdings rose $1.12 (2.9%) to $39.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,657,921 shares of HCA Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,432,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.21-$39.64 after having opened the day at $38.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.26. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Response Genetics ( RGDX), up 27.1%, Spherix ( SPEX), up 22.4%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 18.8% and Accelerate Diagnostics ( AXDX), up 15.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.