Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Onyx Pharmaceuticals ( ONXX) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Onyx Pharmaceuticals rose $6.53 (5.6%) to $123.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 23,185,420 shares of Onyx Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,335,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123.40-$123.70 after having opened the day at $123.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $116.96. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 18.8%, Accelerate Diagnostics ( AXDX), up 15.2%, Biocryst Pharmaceuticals ( BCRX), up 13.7% and Ambit Biosciences ( AMBI), up 12.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Onyx Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.