Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Owens-Illinois ( OI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Owens-Illinois rose $0.53 (1.8%) to $30.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,272,315 shares of Owens-Illinois exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,043,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.80-$30.67 after having opened the day at $29.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.78. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 19.4%, Mannatech ( MTEX), up 18.1%, Ever-Glory International Group ( EVK), up 7.1% and Amira Nature Foods ( ANFI), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Owens-Illinois Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.