Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newell Rubbermaid ( NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid rose $0.26 (1.0%) to $25.77 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,315,265 shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,940,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.30-$25.90 after having opened the day at $25.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.51. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Cobra Electronics Corporation ( COBR), up 4.6%, Ballantyne Strong ( BTN), up 3.3%, Jakks Pacific ( JAKK), up 2.8% and Elecsys Corporation ( ESYS), up 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.