Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company rose $1.43 (1.5%) to $97.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,260,087 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,094,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $97.07-$99.65 after having opened the day at $97.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.22. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: BioAmber ( BIOA), up 20.2%, Alexco Resource ( AXU), up 16.5%, USEC ( USU), up 12.2% and China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 11.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.