Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified CH Robinson Worldwide ( CHRW) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CH Robinson Worldwide as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CHRW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.3 million.
- CHRW has traded 899,380 shares today.
- CHRW traded in a range 229.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.32.
- CHRW traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 23 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 23 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock s movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHRW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHRW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHRW: C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc., a third-party logistics company, provides freight transportation services and logistics solutions to companies in various industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. CHRW has a PE ratio of 15.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate CH Robinson Worldwide a buy, 6 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for CH Robinson Worldwide has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CH Robinson Worldwide has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 5.3% with 9.41 days to cover. Shares are down 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CH Robinson Worldwide as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CHRW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CHRW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.29, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, C H ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 253.08% to $116.32 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, C H ROBINSON WORLDWIDE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.73%.
- You can view the full CH Robinson Worldwide Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.