- The Company raised $140 million of gross proceeds in its initial public offering (“IPO”) of common stock, par value $0.01, which closed on August 6, 2013. In connection with its IPO, the Company listed its common stock on the New York Stock Exchange and trading commenced on August 1, 2013.
- Signed contracts for the construction of ten newbuildings at yards in South Korea and Japan which are expected to be delivered in 2014 and 2015 for a total of $319.8 million, increasing the Ardmore fleet to 20 ships consisting of eight vessels in operation and 12 vessels on order.
- Entered into a commercial management arrangement with Mansel Limited, a subsidiary of the Vitol Group, for employment of six eco-design MR product tankers.
- Accepted delivery of the Company’s second newbuilding, the Ardmore Seaventure from SPP Shipbuilding Co. Ltd, which commenced employment under a one year time charter with Cargill International S.A. (“Cargill”).
- Renewed the time charter for the Ardmore Seafarer in July, for one year at an increased rate with Itochu Enex Co. Ltd.
- Entered into a commercial management arrangement with Nordic Womar Pte Ltd to spot charter the Ardmore Centurion in chemical and product trades.
- Reported adjusted EBITDA of $3.0 million (see Non-GAAP Measures section below) in the three months ended June 30, 2013, an increase of $0.9 million from the three months ended June 30, 2012. The Company reported an adjusted net loss of $0.7 million (see Non-GAAP Measures section below), or $0.04 basic and diluted adjusted loss per share, for the three months ended June 30, 2013. Including IPO related expenses and deferred finance fees written off in the period, the net loss was $1.2 million, or $0.07 basic and diluted loss per share, for the period.
Ardmore Shipping Corporation (NYSE: ASC) (“Ardmore” or the “Company) today announced results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2013. A summary of the recent and second quarter highlights are as follows: Highlights