Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-ServiceAdditionally, Red Hat today announced a new training and certification offering, the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service. As interest in OpenStack grows, enterprise customers require experienced IT professionals who can deploy and manage OpenStack. This new class and certification aims to meet this demand by representing the industry’s highest standard for OpenStack-based training certifications and enabling participants to gain a growing knowledge of the changes happening in the IaaS space. The class will cover essential OpenStack skills, including installing and configuring a Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform deployment; configuring and managing images; and managing storage using Object Storage (Swift) and Block Storage (Cinder). The certification process for this training offering will be performance-based, with candidates performing tasks on a live system to utilize real-world experience. New Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Promotional Offering As part of today’s announcement, Red Hat introduced a new product offering that will integrate the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform, and Red Hat’s virtualization management system for servers and desktops in a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Promotional Offering, providing exceptional agility for Linux and Microsoft workloads. The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Promotional Offering will be offered as a single subscription offering that combines:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, an ideal platform on which to base large-scale virtualization initiatives and internal / private cloud deployments, featuring an enterprise management system that enables customers to centrally and effectively manage their entire virtual environments.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, providing a secure and certified foundation for running the OpenStack workload servers (compute nodes, storage nodes, and controller nodes) as well as a scalable, high performance Linux operating system for guest virtual machines.
Supporting QuoteRadhesh Balakrishnan, general manager, Virtualization, Red Hat "OpenStack and the promise of open hybrid clouds are leading customers to reconsider their infrastructure choices with an eye toward reducing cost and avoiding lock-in. Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure presents an enterprise datacenter virtualization alternative to take customers on that journey from proprietary to open. Today’s announcements highlight Red Hat’s commitment to providing the top performing solutions in this space, and the steps we’re taking to bring increased value to virtualized infrastructure and meet the emerging demand for skilled OpenStack professionals in the enterprise." Additional Resources
- Learn more about open hybrid cloud solutions
- Learn more about Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure
- Learn more about the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
- View the SPECvirt_sc2010 result for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 on Bull SAS bullion servers
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, JBoss, and OpenShift are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds and OpenStack is a registered trademark of OpenStack, LLC.The OpenStack® Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.