Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Steel Dynamics ( STLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Steel Dynamics fell $0.22 (-1.4%) to $15.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,971,977 shares of Steel Dynamics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,987,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.68-$16.12 after having opened the day at $16.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.98. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Ossen Innovation ( OSN), down 11.0%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 7.8%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 6.7% and Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), down 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Steel Dynamics Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.