Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals fell $1.31 (-1.2%) to $105.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 927,003 shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,612,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $104.84-$107.00 after having opened the day at $107.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.77. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 42.7%, Chemocentryx ( CCXI), down 28.8%, Ambit Biosciences ( AMBI), down 10.4% and Biostar Pharmaceuticals ( BSPM), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.