Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dominion Resources ( D) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Dominion Resources rose $1.10 (1.9%) to $58.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,616,124 shares of Dominion Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,930,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.61-$58.99 after having opened the day at $57.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.76. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: American DG Energy ( ADGE), up 5.9%, China Hydroelectric Corporation ( CHC), up 5.3%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), up 4.3% and Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dominion Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.