Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LinkedIn ( LNKD) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, LinkedIn rose $6.12 (2.6%) to $240.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,356,347 shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,925,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $235.00-$240.88 after having opened the day at $235.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $234.25. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: PT Indosat TBK ( IIT), up 12.4%, WPCS International ( WPCS), up 11.8%, Alliance Fiber Optic Products ( AFOP), up 10.8% and TigerLogic Corporation ( TIGR), up 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.