Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, American Tower rose $1.18 (1.7%) to $70.06 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,521,207 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,278,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.81-$70.10 after having opened the day at $69.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.88. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 20.1%, Institutional Financial Markets ( IFMI), up 13.4%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), up 12.7% and CYS Investments ( CYS), up 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.