Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Mills ( GIS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, General Mills rose $0.52 (1.1%) to $49.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,292,934 shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,287,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.35-$49.93 after having opened the day at $49.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.30. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 16.7%, Furniture Brands International ( FBN), up 8.0%, China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), up 6.8% and Skullcandy ( SKUL), up 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.