Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriFone Systems ( PAY) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, VeriFone Systems rose $0.68 (3.5%) to $20.39 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,369,402 shares of VeriFone Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,074,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.78-$20.46 after having opened the day at $19.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.71. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Furniture Brands International ( FBN), up 8.0%, Skullcandy ( SKUL), up 6.3%, Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), up 5.2% and Tempur Sealy International ( TPX), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VeriFone Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.