Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BP ( BP) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, BP rose $0.60 (1.5%) to $41.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,117,438 shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,133,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.11-$41.54 after having opened the day at $41.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.91. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), up 21.2%, Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 15.2%, Claude Resources ( CGR), up 14.9% and International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 11.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.