Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Actuant ( ATU) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Actuant as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ATU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.4 million.
- ATU has traded 289,877 shares today.
- ATU is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATU: Actuant Corporation designs, manufactures, and distributes a range of industrial products and systems worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. ATU has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Actuant a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Actuant has been 500,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Actuant has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 12% with 27.42 days to cover. Shares are up 29.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Actuant as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.20, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 72.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.31% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- ACTUANT CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACTUANT CORP reported lower earnings of $0.96 versus $1.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.88 versus $0.96).
- 42.20% is the gross profit margin for ACTUANT CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ATU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ATU's net profit margin of -27.01% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Actuant Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.