- ANDE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.5 million.
- ANDE has traded 59,078 shares today.
- ANDE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANDE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANDE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANDE: The Andersons, Inc. engages in the grain, ethanol, plant nutrient, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing businesses. It operates in six segments: Grain, Ethanol, Rail, Plant Nutrient, Turf & Specialty, and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. ANDE has a PE ratio of 17.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Andersons a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Andersons has been 116,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Andersons has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 3.9% with 4.89 days to cover. Shares are up 55.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Andersons as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 79.28% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ANDE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Food & Staples Retailing industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 1.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $29.20 million to $29.54 million.
- ANDERSONS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANDERSONS INC reported lower earnings of $4.24 versus $5.11 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.9% in earnings ($4.16 versus $4.24).
- ANDE's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.77 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.49 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Andersons Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.