Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Santarus ( SNTS) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Santarus fell $1.08 (-4.3%) to $24.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,474,785 shares of Santarus exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,460,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.05-$24.78 after having opened the day at $24.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.23. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 43.4%, Escalon Medical Corporation ( ESMC), down 9.3%, Spherix ( SPEX), down 7.0% and Organovo Holdings ( ONVO), down 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Santarus Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.