Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Salix Pharmaceuticals ( SLXP) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Salix Pharmaceuticals fell $1.32 (-1.9%) to $68.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 652,672 shares of Salix Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 763,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.49-$69.99 after having opened the day at $69.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.64. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 43.4%, Oxygen Biotherapeutics ( OXBT), down 5.0%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), down 4.8% and Santarus ( SNTS), down 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Salix Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.