Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Exelon rose $0.86 (2.9%) to $30.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,881,922 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,929,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.82-$30.87 after having opened the day at $29.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.86. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 6.0%, Cadiz ( CDZI), up 5.4%, GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 5.4% and Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), up 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.