Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Baidu ( BIDU) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Baidu rose $3.55 (2.6%) to $139.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,813,750 shares of Baidu exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,226,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $137.54-$142.35 after having opened the day at $137.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $135.99. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: SunEdison ( SUNE), up 15.7%, PT Indosat TBK ( IIT), up 10.7%, Cyan ( CYNI), up 8.6% and Velti ( VELT), up 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baidu Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.