Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. GameStop ( GME) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, GameStop rose $4.29 (9.0%) to $51.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,096,335 shares of GameStop exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,052,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.57-$56.08 after having opened the day at $53.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.62. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Kirkland's ( KIRK), up 10.5%, Children's Place Retail Stores ( PLCE), up 6.2%, Coastal Contacts ( COA), up 5.5% and RadioShack ( RSH), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full GameStop Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.