Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec rose $3.40 (1.6%) to $211.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 606,310 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,453,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $208.01-$212.77 after having opened the day at $208.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $208.08. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Ambit Biosciences ( AMBI), up 25.5%, Horizon Pharma ( HZNP), up 20.8%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 15.4% and Ocera Therapeutics ( OCRX), up 13.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.